16 July 2012

Comic Con 2012

Since Comic Con has just finished I feel that I should try something different and give my highlights of the news from Comic Con. Now there won't be anything about trailers and footage shown at Comic Con since I wasn't there, I will just be talking about the announcements made at Comic Con. Without further ado, let's start with:
MARVEL:
Simply put, Marvel had the best announcements at Comic Con. The official announcement that Ben Kingsley would play The Mandarin in Shane Black's Iron Man 3 (perfect casting choice), the reveal that Edgar Wright will be directing this long awaited Ant Man movie with him writing the script with writer of Attack the Block, Joe Cornish, with the prospect of plenty of "size-fu" in the pipeline. Hopefully news of who Wright will cast as Ant Man will be revealed in the next few weeks with my choice for Ant Man being Nathan Fillion. Finally, there was the reveal of the space epic, Guardians of the Galaxy and one of the characters is a talking, gun wielding raccoon, there is nothing more that needed to be said to convince me to watch it.

GAME OF THRONES:
For series 3 of Game of Thrones a large number of new cast members have been announced, the most prominent being Diana Rigg (who played Emma Peel in The Avengers TV Series) as the Queen of Thornes (personally I think Judi Dench or Maggie Smith would have been great in the role), Thomas Sangster and Ellie Kendrick as Jojen and Meera Reed respectively (with Sangster being a great choice for Jojen Reed) and Mackenzie Crook as the wildling Orell (another great choice) with many other choices (unfamiliar to me) as the other characters. So far the only major character from A Storm of Swords still yet to be cast is Mance Rayder and (based on personality) then I think Liam Neeson would be a great choice for Rayder although it is highly unlikely that Neeson will be cast (if anyone has alternative choices for Mance Rayder then put them in the comments).

THE WALKING DEAD:

This is the only thing in which I can talk about the trailer shown and I have to say that David Morrisey looks great as The Governor but it is the last scene which was the highlight.

I cannot wait to see the impact that the return of Merle Dixon will have on the characters, especially Daryl who is now my favourite character of the series and I'd hate to see him fall under the influence of Merle again.

DR HORRIBLE:
For fans of Joss Whedon this is a treat, Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog has been confirmed to be showing on US television. Hopefully that news will mean that it'll be shown on UK television in the near future and will finally get a DVD release in the UK.


WRECK IT RALPH:
Now the interesting stuff for Wreck It Ralph occurred at the special Sonic Boom event dedicated to Sonic the Hedgehog with the main stuff being that Sonic the Hedgehog will make a cameo in Wreck It Ralph doing a parody one of the infamous Sonic Says shorts and that Ralph will appear in the next Sonic racing game. Plus there was the confirmation that, despite Bowser being in the film, the Mario Brothers themselves won't be.

Now I couldn't talk about everything from Comic Con as I cannot find any of the trailers and footage (e.g. Pacific Rim, The Hobbit (which was shown at 24 frames-per-second), Godzilla, Django Unchained, Man of Steel etc) that was shown at Comic Con so that ends my look back at this years Comic Con which was brilliant for news with Marvel easily being the best in show. Hopefully all of these announcements will be great for the geek world in the next few years.


P.S. Sorry about the text problems, I've tried everything I can think of to fix it but nothing has worked. Again, sorry about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment