5 April 2011

My Ideal Cast for the Batman Reboot

Next year, Christopher Nolan will end his series of Batman films with The Dark Knight Rises. After that the series will be rebooted with a new director and a new cast. I thought that I should give my thoughts on who should be which character, as well as possible directors, for the next film. I will also not be choosing anyone for the same role they played in any other Batman film.
Let's start of with the big one Batman. I have 3 choices on who I want to play Batman:
  1. Sam Rockwell
  2. Nicolas Cage
  3. Tom Hardy
The next character is Alfred the Butler, if it was up to me, Michael Caine would stay on as Alfred but I have a few choices in case Caine won't come back
  1. Sam Neil
  2. Tom Hanks
  3. Martin Landau
  4. Ned Beatty
Next, if Warner Bros wants to do a full reboot, they may decide to add Robin to the series. I have a few guesses on Robin depending on which Robin they want to choose first of if they want Dick Grayson:
  1. Asa Butterfield
  2. Kodi Smit-McPhee
Next if they want Robin to be Carrie Kelly:
  1. Chloe Grace Moretz
  2. Chloe Grace Moretz
  3. Chloe Grace Moretz (yes she would be perfect to be the Carrie Kelly Robin)
Then it would be who should play Commissioner Gordon, my picks would be:
  1. David Thewlis
  2. Stephen Lang
  3. Liam Neeson
Now I will be choosing who should be the villain, first things first, it is still not time to bring back The Joker to the Batman series, give it another few years and it will be ready but it still feels in bad taste to have the Joker in a Batman film at the moment. So I will choose a few actors and which villain they should play respectively:
  1. David Tennant - The Riddler
  2. Philip Seymour Hoffman - The Penguin
  3. Joseph Gordon Levitt - Scarecrow
  4. Alfred Molina - The Penguin
  5. Edward Norton - Two-Face
Finally, the director, the one in charge of the whole operation, here are the people who I want to direct the Batman reboot:
  1. Duncan Jones
  2. Sam Raimi
  3. Darren Aronofsky
Those are my choices for who I want to be involved in the next Batman film, hope you find them good choices and hopefully Warner Bros will find and agree to my choices

No comments:

Post a Comment