21 July 2011

My Thoughts on the Trailer for The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (David Fincher version)

I haven't seen the original Swedish version of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, not for lack of trying as it is a bit impossible for me to buy it as it's an 18 in the UK and I'm 16, nor have I read the original novel but going on this trailer, I'm intrigued with this film.

There isn't much I give my thoughts on, seeing as how the trailer is filled with different scenes from the film, but I'll give it a go. First of all, the cover of Immigrant Song really fits with the trailer but I can't quite figure out why, maybe it's because Fincher knows how to use covers well, especially since the cover of Creep used in the trailer for The Social Network.

The imagery in the film is different and you don't know what will happen with each scene, going from a shoot out to a car chase to a family dinner to Christopher Plummer in a wheelchair in seconds. The tagline for the film is incredible and says so much about David Fincher's vision for the film "The Feel Bad Movie of Christmas." That says it all.

In short, I'm looking forward to this film, although if it is rated 18 it may be hard for me to watch it to review in the future, fingers crossed then. Don't disappoint Fincher, this could be the film that finally gets you your Oscar, third time lucky I'm hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment