16 March 2012

My Thoughts on the Dark Shadows Trailer

Now I have been highly anticipating this film for a long time, I did a previous post about the first promotional image from the film and I put it at number 5 in my most anticipated films of 2012 list, and finally a trailer has been released. See my thoughts below the jump.

Now I have to say that my 2 favourite Tim Burton films are Ed Wood and Sleepy Hollow, just so you get a grasp of what I like in Burton films and to that extent, Dark Shadows looks like it's following the Sleepy Hollow style of Burton, comedic gothic horror. Now from what I've heard the comedy aspect in the trailer is only part of the film and there is more horror in the actual film but from what I've seen, I'm hyped. The film looks really funny with it looking like the interactions between Johnny Depp, Eva Green and Chloe Grace Moretz being the most humorous. The part when Depp gives a long winded 17th Century version of Kiss my Arse has me in stitches every time I watch this. This looks like the Burton film I've wanted to see for years and I cannot wait for this to come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment