8 May 2011

Trailers Galore

It's been a while since I've had a look at some film trailers so I'll have a look at 5 today:
First of all Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2.

This is a great trailer filled with a lot of action, brilliant music a lot of sights from the book and some new things that weren't in the book (Harry forcing himself and Voldemort of the ruins of Hogwarts being key) and it doesn't reveal any major spoilers for those who haven't read Deathly Hallows yet. All in all I'm really looking forward to this film.
Next up is X-Men: First Class

I am really looking forward to this film. Matthew Vaughn and Jane Goldman, the people behind my second favorite film of last year Kick-Ass, bring in a very retro feel to X-Men similar to Sam Raimi and the Spiderman films. The action scenes look brilliant and well shot, there is a great reminder to the first X-Men film with the shot of Magneto in a concentration camp and I really like how there hasn't been much of a reveal for The Hellfire Club aside from the images of Kevin Bacon, January Jones and Jason Fleymng as Sebastian Shaw, Emma Frost and Azazel respectively.

Thirdly is Transformers: Dark of the Moon
This film looks shit. The Transformer designs are identical, the trailer makes it look like Optimus Prime is the villain of the film, the action scenes look like you will not see a bloody thing and it looks like Michael Bay has gone for another actress to sex up the film instead of one that can actually act as a replacement for Megan Fox (aka the worst actress working in film nowadays). Plus it's in 3D, now Transformers will give me ear ache and a headache with the bloody 3D glasses. Everyone, avoid this film like the plague.

Fourthly is Green Lantern
 I have mixed feelings about this trailer. On the good side, Mark Strong looks good as Sinestro, although it is obvious he will become a baddie) and the design of Oa is beautiful and really looks like a refuge for intergalactic police basically. On the bad side, Ryan Reynolds looks like he is just channeling Robert Downey Jr in Iron Man for this performance and plays Hal Jordan too comedically and there is some really dodgy CGI especially in the Green Lantern costumes, I still don't understand why they are CGI and not practical. Overall, looks okay.

Finally is Captain America: The First Avenger
This looks really good, there is some great acting on display from Tommy Lee Jones and Chris Evans, the action scenes look suitably over the top, the brief reveal of Red Skull is a great tease. My jaw also dropped when I heard "Mr Stark". I am really hyped for this film and if this is as good as Thor or Iron Man then I think that The Avengers will be a great film next year.

Hopefully I won't take as long with my next look at film trailers, there should be some good ones in the next few weeks, see you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment