11 February 2011

My Dream Film Project

I have been thinking about film for a long time and have been thinking about a film project that I would like to see made. So to all those who read the blog, I give to you a special treat, my own personal dream film project for the future which I would like to make.

First off would be the cast of the film, my personal dream cast for my idea would be:

  • Jodie Foster
  • Chloe Grace Moretz
  • Simon Pegg
  • Christian Bale
  • Mark Strong
  • Morgan Freeman
  • Nicolas Cage
Then there would be who I would want to direct, to that it is simple, Christopher Nolan, the man who proved that you don't have to make a film stupid in order for it to be successful (take that Michael Bay).

Finally there is the plot. This is something that I have been thinking about for a long time as I would want a good idea to come through in my own film idea, so I thought about a type of film that could use a new twist, were-wolf movies, forever ruined after the Twilight films. So here is the plot for my own personal were-wolf movie.

A family is travelling back home at night with a full moon when their car breaks down on a forest road, they phone for help which they get told will arrive in half a hour. While they wait for help the family gets attacked, the father (Simon Pegg) gets knocked out by what attacks them, the mother (Jodie Foster), who was looking for the help sent further up the road come rushing to her family when she hears the screams while the daughter (Chloe Grace Moretz) gets attacked and savaged. Before the daughter can be killed, the help the family called for earlier arrives and kills the attacker by running it over. The family gets rushed to hospital, the father goes into a coma while the daughter recovers. However over the next few months a series of murders occur in the town they live in, in every case the victim has been brutally savaged. Coinciding with these murders, the daughter starts to have weird hallucinations wherever she goes and starts sleepwalking, once a month found with her clothes in tatters. The mother takes the child to a psychiatrist (Morgan Freeman) who believes that the child has Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and the full feelings of the daughter regarding these events and the nature of the hallucinations come together in these sessions. Coinciding with this is a police squad (Christian Bale, Mark Strong and Nicolas Cage) trying to find out who is murdering people. The two plot lines come together on the night that the father wakes up from his coma, on a full moon. The audience, still not knowing if it is a were-wolf (the murderer never being seen on camera, even during the initial attack), the police, putting everything together come to the realization that the murders have been fully happening since the attack go to the hospital to protect the father from the murderer when he wakes up while the daughter goes to sleep and that's where I stop the description, fill in the blanks yourself. If I ever do make this movie then I don't want the story ruined.

Now certain casting decisions are no coincidences, such as Jodie Foster and Chloe Grace Moretz as the mother and daughter (Chloe Grace Moretz is my generations Jodie Foster/Natalie Portman). 

I don't really think I would make this film in the future but I thought it would be fun to share with you my own idea for a film, can you give your opinion in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment